The American Materia Medica, Therapeutics and Pharmacognosy, 1919, was written by Finley Ellingwood, M.D.
- Chapter I. Agents which increase the normal functional activity of the stomach—Stomachics.
- Chapter II. Mild stomach tonics.
- Chapter III. Agents used in the relief of gastric and intestinal pain—Gastro-intestinal sedatives.
- Chapter IV. Agents used as sedatives to gastric irritation—Anti-emetics.
- Chapter V. Agents used as evacuants of the stomach—Emetics.
- Chapter VI. Acids used for their direct influence upon the gastro-intestinal canal.
- Chapter VII. Agents used as assistants to gastric or intestinal digestion—Digestives.