I. The Names. It is called in Greek, ’Ατογςαξιο αγζια μιχογ: in Latin, Atriplex Sylvestris parva: in English, Wild Arach, the less.
II. The Kinds. The lesser Wild Arach is three-fold,
- 1. Narrow Leaved. (Atriplex patula. -Henriette.)
- 2. Berry-bearing. (Chenopodium capitatum, Blitum capitatum. -Henriette.)
- 3. Broad Leaved. (Chenopodium urbicum. -Henriette.)
- I. The Narrow Leaved, is,
1. Atriplex Sylvestris angustifolia, Narrow Leaved Wild Arach.
2. Atriplex Sylvestris angustifolia altera, Another kind of Narrow Leaved.
- II. Atriplex baccifera rubra, Red Berry-bearing Arach.
- III. Atriplex Sylvestris latifolia minor sive, Pes Anserinus, The lesser Wild Broad Leaved Arach, or Goose Foot; whose Description, Virtues, &c. you may see in Chap. 312. following.
Botanologia, or The English Herbal, was written by William Salmon, M.D., in 1710.
The first part of this chapter has been proofread by Lisa Haller.
The rest of this chapter hasn't been proofread yet.