This, too, is a hands-on book about medicinal herbs and their uses.
It will contain
- How to make: herbal syrup (a short recap from book 1), herbal honey, herbal sugar, green powder, herb salt, herbal compresses and wraps, and herbal oils and salves (a short recap).
- Hot / cold and dry / moist herbs and their uses.
- Problems: menstrual problems, post-partum depression, infertility, hemorrhoids (with picture!), migraine, digestive problems, small wounds and bruises.
- The Herbs included are: thyme, horse chestnut, elecampane, chamomile, juniper, catnip, goldenrod, ground ivy, the mallows, the true mints, hawthorn, willows, plantains, sage, lemon balm, burdock, mullein, garlic, valerian and the horsemints (Monarda).
- Plus some short blurbs on the medicinal uses of cucumber, onion, celeriac, cabbage and potatoes.
- And short takes on heartburn (or reflux), baldness, pyrrolizidine alkaloids and lily flowers.
It's softcover, bound, 168 full-color pages with (I guess) 168 photos.
Hardcopy (softcover, bound): (no ISBN yet)
E-book (pdf): (no ISBN yet).
(no sample yet)
My books in English: I've written one other book in English. "Practical Herbs", was published in November 2011. It has gotten rave reviews.
My books in Finnish: I've written four books in Finnish. The first two, "Mintusta voikukkaan" ("From mint to dandelion") (Edita 2000) and "Hanhikista kissanminttuun" (From cinquefoil to catnip") (Edita 2001) have been completely impossible to get hold of for years now.
The third, "Käytännön lääkekasvit", was published in November 2010 (and in November 2011 in English as "Practical Herbs").
I published the fourth, "Käytännön lääkekasvit 2" ("Practical Herbs 2") in November 2012.
My book in Swedish: I translated "Käytännön lääkekasvit" to Swedish and published that in May 2011: "Praktiska läkeörter" ("Practical Herbs").
About me: you'll find a short bio here.